Floranext (https://floranext.com) is a US-based global software company transforming the floral industry. Our mission is to help florists to be more productive, successful and bring more joy to their customers. We build & manage websites, point of sale systems, and shop management solutions for thousands of florists globally.
We are looking for an experienced Dev Ops Lead that is comfortable working with a modern, code-based ops environment requiring 24/7 uptime and high reliability.
This role is 100% remote, though we do ask that you overlap 5+ hours with US CST 9am – 5pm time zone so we can work seamlessly together.
As a Dev Ops Lead at Floranext, you will work alongside the engineering team and product team to help us maintain, scale, and improve our infrastructure, supporting our thousands of floral industry customers.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Help build a container-based self-service infrastructure for product engineering teams.
- Active involvement in design, implementation, and maintenance of the development, staging, and production infrastructure.
- Help ensure the stability and uptime of services within the organization.
- Create concise post-mortems in the event of an outage.
- Write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
About Our Environment
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS.
- We have a containerized infrastructure using Kubernetes and extensively use Redis for sessions and Varnish for caching.
- Code deploy uses Docker and Jenkins.
- Our web applications are built in PHP, Python, and Clojure.
What We Are Looking For
- A dev-ops focused software engineer with 3+ years of dev ops experience and a deep understanding of software engineering practices.
- A deep working knowledge of container technology. Experienced working with AWS, Docker, Jenkens, and Redis. Familiarity with Python and Clojure is a plus.
- Experience operating a Kubernetes cluster in production and understand the ins-and-outs of provisioning, managing, monitoring and debugging it. Experience with EKS is a bonus.
- Able to write and maintain run-books for other engineers to leverage.
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation for mission critical services.
- A problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, scalable, and maintainable solutions.
- A team player that can use concise and effective written and verbal communication to be effective in a remote working environment.
- A self-starter that is motivated and driven by solving interesting and challenging problems. You are able to perform well and perform time-sensitive tasks with a calm mindset.
Dev Ops Lead - Application