Florists, ever been at lost for words by what a customer has said to you?
Floranext has launched a new series in our blogs called “Florist Thoughts”. With the help of our readers, we are emailing surveys to florists all around the world for some fun and helpful tips on the floral industry’s day to day adventures.
In this blog, we will share “Most Ridiculous Things Said To Florists”. We could have actually written several blogs with just this one topic! Thank you to all who participated and submitted in feedback – we received a tremendous amount of responses.
Most Ridiculous Things Said To Florists:
16. “You’ll make it nice… won’t you? “
15. Day of wedding – “Can we change the flower colors to this, we are paying for what we want.”
14. “Is there going to be someone who will stay at the wedding to watch the flowers?”
13. “I love the look of these flowers, but can we remove the scent, it makes my eyes water?”
12. “Is this all you have?”
11. As I handed a man a bouquet of beautiful flowers he asked, “So when this gets old I can eat it right?” I have since gotten this question so often that I have had to make a notice under my wedding contract that the flowers are not for consumption.
10. Upon entering the shop, before even coming close to the flower box, the comment is shouted out “Those flowers look tired”. It happened a few times in my 35 years and it’s coming from a one time customer. You will never see them again. it’s a trick used to get a few bucks off the price. Don’t fall for it, stick to your price.
– Jeanne- Floral Expressions, Sparkill, New York
9. “I can get cheaper flowers at a grocery store.”
8. “Flowers are a waste of money, they’re just going to die anyway.”
7. “Why should I pay for green leaves? Don’t you get them from the fields outside?”
– Brigitte- Brigitte Designs , Montreal, Canada
6. “Can I have your dead flowers for our church?”
– Erica –North Dakota
5. “The flowers that I would like in my bridal bouquet are peonies, ranunculus, several garden roses and large white hydrangeas. The most I want to spend on this is about $50.00.”
4. “I ordered flowers a month ago and they are already dead, can I get a refund?”
3. “Can I get an arrangement of Blue/Black flowers?”
2.”Do these take water?”
1. “I always wanted to be a florist. You just play with flowers all day. What an easy job! You are so Lucky!”
Note: Florists, we encourage you to fill out our surveys and add your name/flower shop name so that we can give you credit in our Floranext blogs. (Psst! This is great for your SEO!)
Florists, share your most ridiculous things that have been said to you with our readers in the comment section below.
Floranext makes great florist software. Florist websites, floral POS, florist wedding/event proposal software, and florist technology. Let us know if you want a free demo or try our software for free here.