Forecasters predict that this holiday season will show higher revenue than others for retailers!
For most floral business owners, the holiday season brings in a tremendous amount of the year’s revenue, and early preparation is crucial to staying ahead of the competition.
Preparing for the winter holidays puts a lot of pressure on shoppers and retailers alike. What gift could be simpler or more beautiful than flowers? So now it becomes a question of presentation, and offering the right deals to get customers in the door.
Promotions are not just for your big chain department stores. Flower shop owners have jumped on the holiday offers bandwagon and are expanding their profits with major bargain flower deals. Make sure to advertise your floral deals on your website, social media, email marketing and anywhere else you can.
Popular offers apply to items purchased only on one day or a range of time, although you should allow delivery on a future date. Here are some specific examples:
- Decorated boxwood tree at 50% off
- Gift with purchase
- Buy one centerpiece, get the second free
- Small gift card with purchase
You can adjust the deal to best suit your business, but bargains help to move other products.
A Dashing Web Presence
With 25% of shoppers projected to only shop online this holiday season, it is of great importance that your website is up to the task.
- Display your holiday products, centerpieces, holiday decor, etc. in organized, easy-to-find categories on your floral website to create a user-friendly experience.
- Make sure your store phone number, address and hours are displayed and can be seen easily. Some customers may prefer to call in their orders, but they’ll need to know how to reach you!
- Check that your floral website is mobile friendly.
- Write a blog entry or two about new seasonal products, tree decorating tips, etc.
Appearance and Options Are Everything
Make sure your store is festively decorated for the holiday season! A warm, inviting interior encourages customers to keep browsing. Offer a variety products so that customers can purchase other gifts in addition to their floral purchases.
- Make sure your flower shop is clean
- Offer gift wrapping
- Stock candles, chocolates, and plush
- Decorate poinsettias with bows, pine sprigs, or twigs in beautiful containers.
- Offer refreshments to customers like coffee, tea, or eggnog
Commercial and Residential Holiday Decor
In-business and in-home decor can be very lucrative for florists who participate. There are even companies that only offer holiday decor, this is something fairly simple to arrange.
- Pursue contracts with local businesses for their outdoor wreath-making and indoor holiday decor
- Offer mini decorated boxwood trees or Christmas trees
- Call local restaurants and offer weekly holiday flowers for bars, counters, and tables
Florists, do you have any tips to share that have brought revenue to your floral business? Please share your feedback and questions in the comments below.
Floranext makes great florist software: florist websites, floral POS, florist wedding/event proposal software, and florist technology. Let us know if you want a free demo or try our software for free here.