“Rake” In Flower Sales With Fall Florist Marketing Tips
As a owner of a flower shop business it can be frustrating when you hit a summer slump when floral sales are down, though don’t fret, autumn is just around the corner and it’s not too late to generate sales. Following some simple marketing strategies will help you on your way to increasing customers and sales for your flower shop business.
Florist Customer Appreciation
Did you know customers return due to their experience while purchasing a product from a store? So why not “fall” for your customers and entice them by giving them a memorable experience.
- Offer discounts or start a loyalty program.
- Cater exclusive events in your store.
- Carry “trendy” or this season’s top product in stores.
- Carry items that cater to all demographics.
Tip: September 22nd is the first day of Fall, Have a Fall open house with drawings and prizes to attract potential customers.
Florists & Social Media
Did you know that 2/3 of the world’s population uses social media. Be- “Leaf” it or not, using social media is a great outreach for potential customers and it’s Free! Use these tips to “rake” in current and new followers.
- Share – Gain followers by posting or tweeting interesting content for you customers and fans. Users who like your page will see your posts on their main Facebook news feed.
- New Fans – New customers are more than likely to shop at your business if their friends do.
- Keep Content Fresh – Post quality content regularly (at least once or twice a week). Create a dialogue with followers, this will encourage them to engage in your posts or tweets.
- Promote – Promote your floral business by offering discount and incentives for customers who like, re-post, or recommend your social media site.
Tip: Create a Facebook ad using specific keywords and criteria that will attract customers to your page or eCommerce site.
Flower Shop Blog
“Harvest” those thoughts, A blog is a great opportunity to share your thoughts, ideas, passions, etc to your customers. Blogs help drive traffic into your eCommerce website and increase sales.
- Search engines love new content, and blogging is a great SEO tool.
- Keep your customers up-to-date on what’s going on, let them know about new deals, tips, and inspirations.
- Blogs allow you to build trust and rapport with your customers, not only can you show off what you know, but you are also building your expertise and credibility.
- Let customers comment on your blog posts, in return you can interact with them further.
Tip: Utilize Google Adwords Keyword Tools this is a great way to find keywords and phrases people are using to search for your services.
Don’t let your SEO “Fall”, updating your content on your eCommerce website is a sure way to increase your rankings, SEO, on search engines like google. SEO is important to your floral website because customers will visibility see you on search engines therefore clicking on you first.
- Your floral website should have at least 1100 words throughout.
- Write descriptive articles on pages like About Us, Weddings, Sympathy, Events and Testimonials on your eCommerce website.
- Create a page with links to your partners/ vendors.
- Add Keywords, search terms, and backlinks, which are important in building your search engines rankings.
Tip: Encourage your partners to link your url on their website as you do the same for them to help you in our SEO rankings.
Using creative marketing is a great way to attract current and potential customers, don’t be afraid to step outside the box. Florists, are there other marketing tactics you use not listed here? Please share below for our readers.
Thank you for reading the Floranext florist blog. Floranext Love Florists and we are committed to bringing flower shops the best information and tips to run their floral business. Click here to learn more about our florist software and how you can upgrade your florist website or floral point of sale.