Florists, did you know you make a huge difference?
The world as we know it would never survive without floral professionals. With potentially one of the busiest floral holidays here, it’s no wonder florists may be feeling frazzled and drained. It’s our job to remind you just how amazingly awesome you are and how your career choice makes such a difference. Not just for your community but in general for all humankind!
Yes, we know that sounds deep and profound but it’s true. Florists you create so much beauty, emotions and memories. Your passion for the floral industry is recognized and very much needed.
Florists Have Been Around For Centuries:
Earliest known flower arranging dates back to ancient Egypt to 2,500 BCE. Egyptians were the first to cut and place flowers to decorate and add color to their surroundings.
- Florists were so sought after and so necessary that it was almost royalty to be a florist.
- Back then (and even today) the most beautiful accessory, gift and decor accents are arranged flowers.
- Flower arranging made these miraculous gifts from Mother Nature to evoke everlasting emotions.
Flower Arrangements Benefit Health:
Did you know that studies continually find that floral gift giving has a tremendous impact on our health? You would be surprised to know that lavish gifts, money, tech gadgets and clothing have little or no benefit to our general health.
- Studies find that patients in hospital rooms with colorful floral arrangements are in often a better, positive mood, need less pain relief medication and have overall lower blood pressure.
- Flower arrangements also have a profound effect on your workspace and home. Making you more productive, able to think clearer and also calmer.
- Surrounding oneself with flower arrangements helps increase your sex drive, evoking increased erotic feelings.
- Flower arrangements boost senior citizen’s spirits. Researchers at Rutgers released the shared results of a six-month behavioral study on the health effects of flowers on senior citizens. The study shows that flowers ease depression, inspire social networking and refresh memory as we age.
Why We Need Florists So Much:
Florists, could we ever imagine what the world would be like with no flower designing? The impact would be tremendous and we imagine a less cheery, more drab world.
- No special way of adding color and beauty to one’s life.
- No way of giving a gift of flowers which convey our deepest gratitude.
- No way of marking memories in our life’s journey with the addition of floral arrangements.
- Weddings would not be the same.
- Life would just not be the same. People count on their florist professional. Remember that!
Your contribution to the world is so special, so enduring, floral designs run deep within the receiver’s soul.
Think of all the ways you as floral professional impact patron’s life changing events.
Adding special memories;
- New baby
- Child’s first play
- First date
- Showing love
- New job
- Get Wells
- Mother’s day
- Offering beautiful floral arrangements for sympathy in helping to convey condolence and enhance the service.
Florists, during this busy holiday think of what a superstar you are and how your career choice impacts the lives of all and helps the world. We want to send all floral professionals across the world a special thank you for all you do in helping everyone’s life journey. We hope that you have a very prosperous Mother’s Day! Please share any feedback or questions in our comment section below.
Floranext makes great florist software. Florist websites, floral POS, florist wedding/event proposal software, and florist technology. Let us know if you want a free demo or try our software for free here.