Are you one of many florists who does not understand the concept of blogging? Don’t worry, you are not alone!
The word “blog” actually was constructed of two words ” web and log” and called weblog. A few years later it was shortened by Peter Merholz who referred to weblog as blog.
Writing a florist blog is a more informal way of writing that should be updated regularly on a web page. It is up to the writer to blog about the content and topics that resonate most with them or their industry.
Why is florist industry specific blogging so important?
Because it is the most cost effective marketing tool for your floral business.
- Helps drive traffic to your floral websites.
- Increase the value of your floral website.
- Helps your flower shop create a following.
- Helps your flower shop become a leader in the floral industry.
- Increases your SEO (search engine optimization).
Tip: Google loves blogs, especially with specific industry keywords. Use florist, flower shop, floral, wedding bouquets, and birthday arrangements, you get the idea.
What Florists Should Blog About
Florists, you may actually blog about anything and everything. The most important thing here is that you’re blogging about the floral business or anything related to increase your brand value.
Think about blogs you have read lately, and what lured you to click on them. If you are still experiencing writer’s block, below are a few proven captivating titles to grabs readers attention.
“How To Guides or A Way To Master…” – Any blog offering instructions or “how to” are very well received. These blogs offer readers a solution to what they are looking to accomplish.
“Tip And Tricks” – Another way to title a “how to guide “.
“Secrets Revealed ” – We all love secrets and these blogs get some of the most clicks.
“Trend Blog”- Write about upcoming trends or wedding trends. These are also well received, make sure to add captivating images to this one.
How To Write A Florist Blog
- Your current florist website provider should have a platform for you to add a blog. We want to keep the blog on your actual floral website so that you can turn visits into potential sales.
- Think of a topic (floral specific) that you are passionate or knowledgeable about.
- Pick a gravitating title, remember this is what entice’s readers to click on your blog.
- Make it personal if you can use “I” or “my” which is read well on social media sites.
- Start your florist blog with an introduction.
- List out the main key functions of your florist blog with readable titles and outlines.
- Add a closing and do not forget to ask for readers participation and allowing for comments to be added to your blog.
- Add images to your blog, images make blogs more user-friendly and interesting.
- Link your blog on all social media platforms. Do not forget to pin to your board on Pinterest!
- If you can, write a 1000 word blog at least, which gives you a better chance of improving your rankings on search engines.
Tip: Take a good look at this blog and notice how often the keywords florist, floral and flowers are used, this is not a coincidence but rather added strategically for SEO.
Florists have you posted a blog that has had huge success or do you have a question on blogging? Post your comments and questions below.
Floranext makes great florist software. Florist websites, floral POS, florist wedding/event proposal software, and florist technology. Let us know if you want a free demo or try our software for free here.