Christmas season is upon us - time to spruce up your florist website. That means adding a seasonal holiday backgrounds to make sure your customers feel the holiday spirit!
Take a look at some of the great new backgrounds for Floranext florist websites. Floranext website and floral Point of Sale customers can easily change their backrounds for seasons and holidays.
Does your website allow you to change backgrounds? Feel free to grab these backgrounds for your own website!
Want a beautiful website where you can show off your products and desings? Want to save money on your wire service website and start making more? Get in touch with us today for a free florist website demo!…
The Society of American Florists has a new batch of banners for your floral website. Summer, spring, winter, fall - and everything in between. Kudos to SAF for making floral software even easier for the busy florist!
If you're a Floranext florist website customer, you can easily upload these banners to your website and link them to seasonal and holiday categories like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day.
Best of all, the banners are free! Here is sampling of some of the great new banner designs from SAF! (Click on the images to see a bigger version!)
Do you want to download these and other amazing banners for your website? Click here to head over to SAF and check out even more banners!
Want a great floral website where you can add your own banners and create your o…
Creating a free video for your wedding web page has never been easier. There are lots of great tools for making video slideshows of your wedding flowers - just upload photographs and get a video instantly! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a great video for your florist website or to share on your flower shop's Facebook page. And if you need any help, contact Floranext and we can help!
But first! Here are a few examples of wedding videos - we created these in less than 10 minutes. We turned these photographs into these videos:
Step 1. Choose Your Wedding Flower Photos
Taking great photos is not hard when the subject matter is as beautiful as flowers. Use your Android or iPhone camera - the quality is more than enough for your website. And if you want to get…
Try Floranext's florist POS and florist website free until 2012! Yes, you heard that right, free!
Floranext today announced the launch of its combined florist POS and website solution - in order to celebrate we're offering Floranext's basic package for free until 2012! All you need to do is CLICK HERE to create a florist website before Friday, October 7th.
Why free? We have been retail florists for 40 years - we built Floranext for our own shop. We want to share the tools that have worked so well for our own business with other florists.
Why Use Floranext's Florist Websites?
- Unique, beautiful website designs
- Independent solution
- Increase the number of orders
- Save money versus wire services
- Free until 2012! (When you sign up before October 20th!)
Why Use Flora…
FFC gave the wire services a chance to engage with the audience, respond, and answer questions.
Bloomnet Presentation - Gino Marotta, Director of National Sales
- Their model - Shops that use more pay more, shops that use less, pay less. "Support legislation deceptive advertising. Have not had a fee increase in 3 years. "
- Declined affiliate membership - because of ambiguity of membership. Legal council says when you're public, you can't make an agreement without Board approval
- How to support national ad campaign - not a clear answer. Could create fee for members, but don't like that idea. Or could partner by offering discounts to member of FFC and put that towards FFC.
Teleflora Presentation - Tom Butler, Chairman and others
- Teleflora is a technology company: 5,000 PO…
Attendees interested in specific committees met to start talking and making decisions. Some were straightforward, others were less so. Floranext participated in the Technology committee discussion, but here is a summary of all of them.
Legislative committee - discussed wire service fees and rebates.
- Fee Split: Agreement on the need to achieve a 90/10 split between sender and receiving florist in order to dis-incentivize order gatherers. Feeling that rebates won't go away, but need to be fairer. Controversial discussions were on whether to include grocery store florists as in FFC.
Organization Committee - FFC has created a legal entity
- Legal Entity: a 501c6 -- a league of business owners. This limits what FFC can do - for example, any F2F network cannot be part of this organi…
The Florists for Change event is on in Atlanta, with over 100 florists from around the US and a few from canada.
One of the primary targets was to discuss and organize committees. Floranext participated in discussions, with a focus on technology solutions for the industry.
Here are the committees that were discussed:
- Organization - discuss the organization of the group itself: voting, membership dues, etc.
- Communications - official source for authorized docs, phone call/email trees, public relations, media interviews and write-ups, website and social media
- Technology/F2F Order Transmission- Look at existing platforms - compare to ideal, Evaluate tech companies as potential associate members
- Legislative - Define "deceptive order gathering", Identify reliable in…
Florists for Change's Atlanta meeting will focus heavily on inviting vendors to present their solutions. Floranext will present our florist POS and florist website solution.
Here is the invitation letter from the FFC team to vendors.
We are in Atlanta and covering the Florists for Change event. Here was the agenda for the day!
Dear Floral Industry Service Provider:
As you likely know, Florists for Change (“FFC”) is a new organization whose principal purpose is to improve the industry for the traditional retail florist (“TRF”). We, the four founding trustees of FFC, will seek strategic relationships with a variety of floral industry service providers and suppliers (“FIS”) whom FFC may elect to designate Associate Members, based upon a set of requirements and uniforml…
Could two small changes really make your flower shop more profitable? We wanted to highlight a great article from the Florists Review by Ken Royer about two critical, but easy-to-implement changes that will make your flower shop more profitable. The full text is below but here are the highlights.
1. Lower Your Prices
2. Sell Un-Arranged Flowers - it will enable you to sell lower priced flowers profitably
At Floranext we have seen this in action. We have florists that have done over 1,000 web orders in six months, while others other florists that have done just a handful. These florists follow a simple formula: sell affordable flowers, barely arranged. And promote them like hell. This approach has translated to a hugely profitable online, walk-in, and phone business.
We just designed some great new website banners for our florist customers -- amazing, luscious banners. Just a taste of some of the great new designs we will be launching for our customers in the next few weeks!
We think that in the flower industry, design is instrumental- and that your florist websites should reflect your design sensibilities. We're helping florists break the mold with some truly stand-out designs. Here are a few:
Stay tuned for the next update about the Florists for Change movement! Even more great things are coming soon :)
At Floranext, we think great design can set your business apart! Interested in using Floranext for your Florist website & florist POS needs? Get in touch with us!…